Avanceon is looking for a SQL/ETL / SSIS developer with a strong understanding of Data Warehousing / ETL strategy and best practices as well as the ability to develop SSIS packages. This position is for their software development department.
- Must be very good in handling complex SQL and optimizing it by applying best practices
- The candidate must have the ability to independently and logically walk through and understand existing SSIS / ETL packages.
- A solid understanding of data management best-practices and in-depth experience with Microsoft SSIS / SSRS is required.
- This candidate must be detail-oriented and have excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Must be very good in TSQL, Stored Procedures, Function and Packages.
- The developer will be part of a high-performance business intelligence team and will be focused on comprehensively creating and improving existing data warehouse processes, optimizing and improving data integrity.
- Troubleshoot databases and applications to ensure that the database systems and access programs meet the end-user’s specifications and requirements
- Primary responsibility is to drive design, development and maintenance of data warehouse / ETL and Database solutions.
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Review and interpret ongoing business report requirements
- Works closely with the business intelligence team to understand the data needs / requirements of the organization and implement and support SSIS packages to fulfil those needs.
- Create documentation outlining ETL processes.
- Create and deploy SSIS packages.
- Experience in working with large Database/Datawarehouse.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant.
- 2-6 years of experience working with the SQL Server/SSIS development.
- Working knowledge and experience in online transactional (OLTP) processing and analytical processing (OLAP) databases and schemas
- Experience integrating data from structured and unstructured formats: flat files, XML, EDI, JSON, EXCEL
- Experience with index design and SQL performance tuning techniques
- Good written and verbal communication skills