To work as part of the discipline engineering group and coordinate with Project lead, contractors, clients and vendors with minimal supervision, for the execution of Instrumentation engineering activities.
- Assist Project Lead Engineer on projects and responsible for scope, schedule, and cost on small to medium sized instrumentation projects. To ensure methodical and timely completion of engineering of assigned projects.
- Effectively plan and follow-up on scheduled activities.
- Participate in studies, conceptual designs and estimate preparation as required.
- Prepare instrumentation engineering design document and or drawings such as specifications and installation guidelines for process instruments and control instrumentation systems ensuring compliance with established engineering standards and able to perform primary and final element sizing, selection of field instrumentation.
- Can conduct technical reviews with vendor/contractor instrumentation in details design to ensure compliance with project specifications and applicable standards and codes.
- Can review / comments and do red-line markups P&IDs, layouts and other key documents with due consideration of safety, operability, simplicity.
- Ensure all project work carried out conforms with agreed codes and practices, meets all requirements of the contract specification, project scope and technical brief and ensure all work applies the design criteria and methodologies outlined in it to the engineering of the project.
- Can perform validation of engineering data sheets, specifications and requisitions, technical bid evaluations, vendor document reviews and approvals, and other engineering deliverables are correct and meet as required by the project scope.
- Coordination with other engineering discipline teams and responsible for the work progress and quality of deliverables within the discipline area.
- Can analyze and interpret all project related documents (instrument, electrical, mechanical, piping, etc.) to accurately quantify all controls and instrumentation scope items provided in project work scope requirement.
- Maintain a quality design threshold for the discipline through use of understandable quality procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering (B Eng).
- Minimum three (03) years of working experience in instrumentation design and project deliveries.
- Proficient in the codes and standards in the oil and gas industry i.e. API, BS, ISO, ASME, ANSI, IEC, ISA, IEEE, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team player, and able to work with all levels of management and multinational staff.